Friday 20 April 2012

More misc. research

After our class discussion yesterday, I've had a sudden surge of ideas for my Research Project, or at least, things I can look into and think about. The first is this statue, 'Ganymede and Jupiter' by Bertel Thorvaldsen. I'm definately not the expert on myths, but I love the interaction between the bird and person, so it's something I'll take a deeper look into.


Another idea that popped into my head while making my wings was masks (or beaks). I came across this really cool owl mask, which might be a possible, if I decide to create a narrative. 


While thinking of masks, I remembered the ball scene in the cult favourite 'Labyrinth'. I loved the costumes, and distinctly remember the elaborate masquerade masks. It's something I'll have to re-watch, if not just for that part of the film.

Jannette Beckman (part of a collaboration, including Riita Ikoten)

After discussing my project idea with one of my tutors, she suggested two Photographers to me: Cindy Sherman, and Riita Ikoten. Riita is perhaps the more relevant artist to me, and although the image isn't strictly about my topic, I love the animal/beastly feel it gives off, and it might be something I want to replicate in my own Photography.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment